An Alliance for Discoveries in Health
Research Australia is an alliance of 160 members and supporters advocating for health and medical research in Australia. Independent of government, Research Australia’s activities are funded by its partners, donors and supporters from leading research organisations, academic institutions, philanthropy, community special interest groups, peak industry bodies, biotechnology, medcial technology and pharmaceutical companies, small businesses and corporate Australia. We have a diverse alliance representing the interests of the broader community.
Research Australia’s mission is to make health and medical research a higher priority for the nation.
We have four goals that drive our mission:
- A society that is well informed and values the benefits of health and medical research
- Greater investment in health and medical research from all sources
- Ensure Australia captures the benefits of health and medical research
- Promote Australia's global position in health and medical research
Our 10 Strategic Imperatives
Australian health and medical research is better health for all Australians and a stronger Australian economy.
- World class research capability and productivity
- A higher quality health system
- Vibrant high-tech, innovative healthcare and biotech industries
- A highly skilled workforce
Research Australia, through consultation with its broad membership and the general community has identified 10 Strategic Imperatives required to manifest this vision by 2020.